Paladins: Champions of the realm - First Impression

junho 12, 2017


Paladins went into beta on September 16, 2016 and can be easily downloaded for PC through the official website or steam. According to Steam Spy, the game reached a 5.400.000 of downloads. It got to one of the Top 10 more popular games. When comes to Xbox One or PlayStation 4 the versions of the game were released on May the 3rd of 2017, where you can download it, in online stores, such as Microsoft Store, PlayStation store (NA) an PlayStation Store (EU).  
It's a first person shooter game, rooted in a colorful sci-fi fantasy setting featuring Champions, which at first time playing you have only available 8 of them: Cassie, Drogoz, Fernando, Kinessa, Pip, Skye, Tyra and Viktor. Each one of them has it's own abilities and unique fire-function. Viktor is actually the first champion you get to play with in the "How To Play" phase. This game also have various maps and has a deck building cards system which you have the power to use in your favor in order to get your champion stronger. In total there are 28 characters that you can download and if I'm not wrong, you can actually win some of them (I received a new champion - a healer called Ying).
When playing, each player controls a character and two teams are set up to compete between them and to succeed the objectives. To buy anything in Paladins you need to have gold or crystals.
This game is actually compared to another similar game called: Overwatch. 

There very first time I played this game, I was completely unaware of what I was going to play. I didn't know anything about the game and I even thought I could modify my character - something similar to Metin2 - but it actually turn out to be different. The skins and weapons for each champion is gain through store, where you can buy it and through the chests. 


I only have 4 hours of game play, so I still don't have the full information about this game. The champion I played with the most, was Pip, who is a supporter of other players. I do like to be a supporter because I like to be more strategic other than being in the middle of the fight. Supporters are helpful in defense and offense and have the abilities to cure other players, so they are called healers as well. 


It's a very entertaining game to play online and even with a group of 5 friends, each game has around 20 minutes and time passes by quickly.  This is what I know so far about the game, the more I play the merrier I'll know more to post here. See you in the next post. 



Update: I receiver the champion Ying because I connected my Twitch Account to Paladins. Makes sense now. 



Sources:
  • http://paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki
  • Wikipedia


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate

Hope you enjoyed my Blog!